Hardscape and Masonry Services in Vermont
Our greater Burlington, VT landscaping company has the expertise and equipment to negotiate any hardscaping challenge. From design to completion, let Landshapes transform your home's surroundings. To begin the process, our team of landscaping designers and architects will work with you to plan out what your hardscape layout will look like. Whether it's stone walkways, staircases, patios or stone walls and retaining walls, we have extensive knowledge and experience in all of these categories in an array of different topographies.
Once the design plans have been approved by you, our team of masons will get to work on your home. We always design and build our hardscapes to endure the harsh elements of Vermont winters. If you would like to see some of the hardscaping jobs that we’ve done throughout Vermont, we encourage you to check out some of our previous projects. We look forward to playing an integral role in your home's surroundings for many years to come.
Stone Walls and Retaining Wall Installation
Vermont based Landshapes utilizes the ageless tradition of stone masonry in our landscaping concepts. Our masons are particularly skilled when it comes to installing free standing stone walls and retaining walls. Prior to the installation, we will create plans for your walls with our award winning designers. Once you’ve approved of the plans, we will work together in choosing from the extensive selection of stone styles that we carry. We can help tailor the stone type you choose for your retaining or free standing walls to align with the rest of your property’s landscapes.
Our past stone wall and retaining wall projects have been recognized by many throughout the greater Burlington, Vermont area. If you’re interested in working with Landshapes in creating a free standing or retaining wall for your home we encourage you to contact us at Vermont (802) 434-3500 . We can provide you with some examples and a portfolio of previous stone based projects that we’ve completed throughout Vermont. Landshapes can also provide you with samples of the stone types that we use in our masonry work.nstall a natural pool, pond or waterfall on your property.
Walkways and Patios
- The stone selection & installation technique, can create the perfect formal, or rustic Vermont outdoor living space for each property.
- Stone or paver options are carefully chosen to integrate with the corresponding architecture and the existing landscape.
Stone Steps and Staircases
- We offer a variety of stone stair options to overcome grade changes and to enhance your landscape.
- Beautiful Stone Staircases with bluestone treads and fieldstone risers tie nicely into formal bluestone walkways
- Large stone slabs convey a sense of rustic formality, which tie into the natural New England landscape.
Many choices of stone products exist on today's market. Numerous selections of locally produced stone keeps your investment close to home and supports our local economy. Landshapes' design professionals can assist you with the selection of stone that best compliments the property's character. Regardless of which stone is chosen, enduring quality and craftsmanship add elegance and balance to your property.
Permeable Pavers – There are several styles of permeable products.
- Traditional permeable pavers are manufactured concrete or clay pavers, which are set on a stone base & bedding layer. When set they have a wider joint which is filled with stone chips. This practice allows for fast water penetration, dramatically reducing the amount of surface runoff.
- Reinforced / Supported Turf, is an alternative for areas that will have limited vehicular traffic, yet still need to support the occasional large vehicle such as fire trucks or for use as overflow parking.